Introduction to natural philosophy : comprising a popular account of the properties of bodies, mechanical powers, motion and machinery : the sciences of hydrostatics, hydraulics, pneumatics, acoustics, optics, electricity, magnetism, and chymistry : a companion to Reynolds's series of popular diagrams of natural philosophy, comprising two hundred and fifty illustrations.
- Additional Title(s):
Diagrams of natural philosophy
Illustrations of natural philosophy
- London : James Reynolds, 174, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. ; 28 cm. + 11 plates.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC5 .I58 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Portfolio title: Diagrams of natural philosophy.
Plates signed: Drawn & engraved by John Emslie.
Date of publication from plates.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 21, 659
BAC: In black and blue gilt-stamped cloth portfolio. Accompanying plates are numbered no. 25-35.
- Subject Terms:
- Chemistry -- Popular works.Electricity -- Popular works.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- Hydraulics -- Popular works.Machinery -- Popular works.Optics -- Popular works.Physics -- Popular works.Pneumatics -- Popular works.Reynolds, James -- Publisher.Science -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.