Find your way round mid-Victorain London, 2003
Find your way round mid-Victorain London [electronic resource].
- Additional Title(s):
Edward Stanford 1862 find your way round mid-Victorain London
- Guildford, England : Motco, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 CD-ROM : sd., col.; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryVIM 31Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Files
- Edward Stanford's 24 sheet, 6 inch to the mile Library Map of London and its Suburbs, 1862. The most important map of mid-Victorian London, with an index of over 18,000 street and other names. Stanford used the Ordnance Survey 12 inch to the mile map which had been produced in outline for the Metropolitan Commissioners of Sewers, and sent his own surveyors out to complete the detail. More detailed than the modern A-Z this map was amazingly never published with an index, until this CD.
- Subject Terms:
- Crouch End (London, England)Greenwich (London, England) -- Maps.Hammersmith (London, England) -- Maps.