15 miles round London in 1786, 2003
15 miles round London in 1786 [electronic resource].
- Additional Title(s):
Fifteen miles round London in 1786
- 2d ed.
- Guildford, England : Motco, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 CD-ROM : sd., col.; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryVIM 28Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Files
- John Cary's 50 page, one inch to the mile pocket atlas of the country 15 miles round London at the time of George III, with a 4,000 name index of places and owners. Commentary by Ralph Hyde.
John Cary did not carry out an original survey in order to produce one of the first pocket atlases. He took the information from the 20 sheet map of John Andrews and Andrew Drury of the Country sixty five miles round London which was published between 1774 and 1777 to the same scale of one inch to the mile. His achievement was to make it fit into the pocket of your greatcoat.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Maps -- To 1800.