A picturesque guide to Bath, Bristol Hot-Wells, the river Avon, and the adjacent country / illustrated with a set of views, taken in the summer of 1792 by Mess. Ibbetson, Laporte, and J. Hassell, and engraved in aquatinta.
- London : Printed for Hookham and Carpenter ..., 1793.
- Physical Description:
- , 266,  p.,  leaves of plates : ills. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B3 I22 1793Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 38
Publisher's advertisement: verso of last leaf.
Illustrations by Julius Ibbetson; after J. (John) Hassell.
British Art Center copy is Abbey copy.
Errata: printed on bottom of recto of last leaf.
- Subject Terms:
- Avon, River (Gloucestershire-Avon, England)Bath (England) -- Description and travel.Bristol (England) -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Hookham and Carpenter -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1793.
YCBA Collections Search
Ibbetson, Julius, 1759-1817, A picturesque guide to Bath, Bristol Hot-Wells, the river Avon, and the adjacent country , 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.