A topographical survey of the great road from London to Bath and Bristol : with historical and descriptive accounts of the country, towns, villages, and gentlemen's seats on and adjacent to it : illustrated by perspective views of the most select and picturesque scenery : to which is added a correct map of the country three miles on each side of the road, planned from a scale of one inch to a mile / by Archibald Robertson.
- London : Printed for the author ... and William Faden ..., 1792.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 R64 1792Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 24
BEIR Edea 792R: Bound as 2 v. in 1.
Imprint varies in v. 2: Printed for the author... and R. Faulder..., D.DCC.XCII.
Running title: Survey of the Great Road from London to Bath and Bristol.
Eleven leaves of maps at end of v. 2: London to Bath and Bristol with the country three miles on each side.
- Subject Terms:
- Earle, J. S. -- Autograph.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1792.Faden, William, 1750?-1836 -- Publisher.Faulder, R. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Road maps.Ripon, George Frederick Samuel Robinson, Marquess of, 1827-1909 -- Bookplate.Robertson, Archibald, ca. 1745-1813. -- Publisher.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Ms. notes.Willan, Isabella Maria -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- 1792.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Robertson, Archibald, ca. 1745-1813, A topographical survey of the great road from London to Bath and Bristol , 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.