Theory on the classification of beauty and deformity, and their correspondence with physiognomic expression : exemplified in various works of art, and natural objects, and illustrated with four general charts, and thirty-eight copper plates / by Mary Anne Schimmelpennick, author of "A tour to Alet.".
- London : Printed for John and Arthur Arch, Cornhill, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 440,  p., , 38 leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN62 .S35 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 22, 805
Errata: p. 
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics.Art -- Philosophy.Physiognomy.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
YCBA Collections Search
Schimmelpenninck, Mary Anne, 1778-1856, Theory on the classification of beauty and deformity, and their correspondence with physiognomic expression , 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.