Eger, Elizabeth, Brilliant Women , c2008
Brilliant Women : 18th-century bluestockings / Elizabeth Eger and Lucy Peltz.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- 159 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR448.W65 E34 2008B (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published to accompany the exhibition held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, from 13 March to 15 June 2008.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 152-154) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Intellectual life -- 18th century.English literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism.Macaulay, Catharine, 1731-1791.More, Hannah, 1745-1833.Wollstonecraft, Mary, 1759-1797.Women -- England -- Social conditions -- 18th century.Women intellectuals -- England -- History -- 18th century.