Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, A new map of Mexico and adjacent provinces, 1810
- A new map of Mexico and adjacent provinces [cartographic material] / compiled from original documents by A. Arrowsmith.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, 1810.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col. ; 129 x 158 cm on sheets 65 x 80 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 MexicoYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale not given. -- (W 131°--W 88°/N 43°--N 14°).
- BAC: British Art Center copy from the collection of Ernest Augustus Cumberland.
BEIN Covers 88 +1810: Each sheet with tab on verso (NE, NW, SE, SW). Autograph of Thomas W. Streeter on verso of all sheets. In contemporary case with spine title, "Map of Mexico."
Relief shown by hachures.
Insets: Valley of Mexico, from Mr. Humboldt's map; Vera Cruz; Acapulco.
Shows mines and civil and military installations.
Phillips. Maps of America, p. 408
Streeter, T.W. Bibliography of Texas 1795-1845, 1046
- Subject Terms:
- Mexico -- Maps.Mexico.Streeter, Thomas W. (Thomas Winthrop), 1883-1965 -- Autograph.Texas -- Maps.Texas.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.