IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Faden, William, 1749-1836, A topographical map of the county of Norfolk, 1797
A topographical map of the county of Norfolk [cartographic material] : surveyed and measured in the years 1790, 91, 92, 93, and 94 by Thos. Donald, Thos. Milne and associates : planned from a scale of one inch to a statute mile / the whole executed and published at the expense of the proprietor William Faden.
- London : W. Faden, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 6 sheets ; 124 x 183 cm, each sheet 62 x 61 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 NorfolkYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:63,630. 1 in. = 1 mile. -- (E 0°07ʹ00ʺ--E 1°46ʹ00ʺ/N 53°00ʹ00ʺ--N 52°21ʹ00ʺ).
- Relief shown pictorially and by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
Includes insets of "Plan of the town of Lynn shewing the entrance of the proposed cut to Eau Brink," "Plan of the town of Swaffham," and "Plan of Great Yarmouth."
Also shows land ownership of some residences and county administrative divisions.
- Subject Terms:
- Administrative and political divisions.England -- Norfolk.Landowners -- England -- Norfolk -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Landowners.Norfolk (England) -- Administrative and political divisions -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Norfolk (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Cadastral maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.