Briggs, Asa, 1921-2016, A history of Longmans and their books, 1724-1990 , 2008
- A history of Longmans and their books, 1724-1990 : longevity in publishing / Asa Briggs.
- London : British Library ; 2008.
New Castle, DE : Oak Knoll Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 587 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ325.L66 B75 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Social historian Briggs tells the story of Longmans' role in the book trade and its international, social, economic, intellectual, and cultural history. The UK's oldest commercial publisher, they have produced numerous books on law, medicine, religion, science, sport, reference, and education. Includes index, over 260 illustrations, and five appendices"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Book industries and trade -- England -- History.Longman (Firm) -- History.Publishers and publishing -- England -- History.