Shampooing, or, Benefits resulting from the use of the Indian medicated vapour bath : as introduced into this country / by S.D. Mahomed ... ; containing a brief but comprehensive view of the effects produced by the use of the warm bath, in comparison with steam or vapour bathing ...
- Brighton : Printed by E.H. Creasy ..., 1822.
- Physical Description:
- , ix, -127,  p.,  leaves of plates : port., ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRM822 V2 M3 1822View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 56
British Art Center copy is Abbey copy.
Illustrations by Joseph Cordwell after W. Maddocks.
Bound in original grey paper boards, as issued. Orange label on front cover is actually advertisement of the book.
Printed by E.H. Creasy.
Errata: p.  at end.
Half t.p. reads: Shampooing, &c.&c.&c.
Ford, J. Images of Brighton, p. 78-79, 361
- Subject Terms:
- Baths, Medicated.Cordwell, Joseph -- Publisher.Creasy, E. H. -- Printer.Massage.Shirley, Eliza -- Autograph, 1825.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.Vapor baths.
- Aquatints -- 1822.
YCBA Collections Search
Mahomed, S. D. (Sake Deen), Shampooing, or, Benefits resulting from the use of the Indian medicated vapour bath , 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.