A short history of Brighthelmston : with remarks on its air, and an analysis of its waters, particularly of an uncommon mineral one long discovered, though but lately used ... / by Anthony Relhan ...
- Published in 1761, Re-edited 1829.
- [London] : Printed for the editor by the Philanthropic Society ..., and may be had of Mr. Loder ... Brighthelmston, and of Mr. Lee, Printer, Lewes, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 65 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B78 R44 1829 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B78 R44 1829 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 505
Illustrations after C. Lempriere.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy and includes a letter from the editor, James Charles Michell, to the Sussex County Hospital. Both copies in green cloth boards.
Half t.p. reads: History of Brighthelmston.
Re-edited by James Charles Michell.
- Subject Terms:
- Brighton (England) -- Description and travel.Brighton (England) -- History.Egan, John -- Pres. insc. from James Charles Michell.Lee, Mr. -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1829.Loder, Mr. -- Publisher.Michell, James Charles -- Pres. insc. to John Egan.Michell, James Charles -- Pres. insc. to Sussex County Hospital.Michell, James Charles -- Publisher.Mineral waters -- England -- Brighton.Philanthropic Society -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Relhan, Anthony, 1715-1776, A short history of Brighthelmston , 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.