The 7th man : a true cannibal tale of the South Sea islands / told in fifteen wood-engravings and precisely one hundred and eighty nine words by Robert Gibbings.
- Additional Title(s):
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXX 
- Physical Description:
- , 14,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1217.G53 A55 1930Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was printed and published by the author at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire. Compositors: F. Young & A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. 500 copies only have been printed."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 72
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 330 of 500. Bound in yellow quarter buckram with red and and white patterned boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Cannibalism -- Folklore.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Tales -- Oceania.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1930.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.