IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gantillon, Simon, 1890-, Maya , MCMXXX 
Maya / a play by Simon Gantillon ; paraphrased into English by Virginia & Frank Vernon ; with XIII wood engravings by Blair Hughes-Stanton.
- Additional Title(s):
- Waltham, St. Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXX 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 93,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ2613.A36 M39 1930Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Printed by Robert and Moira Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, and completed on the 5th day of June, 1930. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. Acknowledgements are due to Mr. Charles Spencer, of the Gate Theatre, for assistance in the publication of this play. The edition is limited to 500 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 71
BEIN 1989 54: No. 394.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 275 of 500. Bound in maize buckram with insignia of the Golden Cockerel Press stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- French drama -- 20th century -- Translations into English.Private press books -- England -- Waltham St. Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham St. Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1930.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.