Walpole, Hugh, 1884-1941, The apple trees , 1932
- The apple trees : four reminiscences / by Hugh Walpole ; with wood-engravings by Lynton Lamb.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : Printed and made in Great Britain by the Golden Cockerel Press, 1932.
- Physical Description:
- , 73,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6045.A33 Z45 1932Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title within architectural border; headpieces.
"This book was printed and published at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, by Robert and Moira Gibbings, assisted by George Churchill, and completed on the 28th of November, 1932, Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 500 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 88
BEIN 1989 70: No. 320. Autograph of Hugh Walpole.
BEIN 2002 171: No. 217. Autograph of Hugh Walpole. Presentation inscription to Dick [Richard Dunn] from Hugh Walpole, February 14, 1941.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 274 of 500, signed by the author. Bound in red quarter morocco with maize and red decorated cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Autobiography.Dunn, Richard -- Presentation inscription from H. Walpole.Novelists, English -- 20th century -- Autobiography.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Walpole, Hugh, 1884-1941 -- Autograph.Walpole, Hugh, 1884-1941 -- Presentation inscription to R. Dunn.Walpole, Hugh, 1884-1941.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1932.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.