Abd-er-Rhaman in paradise / by Jules Tellier ; translated by Brian Rhys ; with wood-engravings by Paul Nash.
- Additional Title(s):
Deux paradis. English
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire [England] : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1928.
- Physical Description:
- , 34,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ2449.T8 D43 1928Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translation of Les deux paradis.
"This book was printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, and completed on May 4th, 1928. Les deux paradis by Jules Tellier was published in 1887, and is here first translated from the French. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 400 copies, of which 200 will be issued by Random House, Inc., New York."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 60
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 57 of 400. Bound in original blue quarter buckram with red, black and tan marbled paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- French literature -- Translations into English.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Wood engravings -- 1946.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.