Marston, John, 1575?-1634, The metamorphosis of Pigmalion's image , MCMXXVI 
The metamorphosis of Pigmalion's image / by John Marston ; with engravings by Rene Ben Sussan.
- Waltham St. Lawrence, in Berkshire : Printed at the Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , 17,  pages,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2694 .M37 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham St. Lawrence, in Berkshire, & completed on the 6th day of November, 1926. Compositors: F. Young and A.H. Gibbs. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The text is taken from the edition of 1598, printed for Edmond Matts 'to be sold at the signe of the hand and Plough in Fleetstreet.' Two misprints, beautious for beauteous, verse 2, line 4, and Cyrus for Cyprus in the penultimate line of the poem have been corrected, and contractions have been expanded. 325 copies have been printed."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 46
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 261 of 325. Bound in cream quarter buckram with tan and orange batik covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.Pygmalion (Greek mythology)
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Chromoxylographs -- 1926.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.