For the love of nature : mammals described and illustrated by the naturalists Gerald E.H. Barrett-Hamilton and Edward Adrian Wilson / Martin J. Hollenberg.
- Vancouver, BC : M.J. Hollenberg, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 187 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), maps ; 32 cm.
- Reference LibraryQH31.B32 H64 2008 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Limited ed. of 400 copies.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 183-184) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Barrett-Hamilton, Gerald Edwin Hamilton, 1871-1914Barrett-Hamilton, Gerald Edwin Hamilton, 1871-1914. History of British mammals.Mammals -- Great Britain -- History.Mammals -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Wildlife artists -- Great Britain -- Biography.Wilson, Edward, 1872-1912.Zoologists -- Great Britain -- Biography
- The Irish naturalist Gerald E.H. Barrett-Hamilton : his life and contributions to science
- Descriptions of mammals from Barrett-Hamilton's A history of British mammals, paired with drawings and paintings by Edward Adrian Wilson
- Edward Adrian Wilson : his outstanding career as a naturalist and artist
- The naturalists and the advances of science
- Appendix 1. Barrett-Hamilton's South Georgia journal
- Appendix 2. Letters from South Georgia by Barrett-Hamilton.