Prolusiones architectonicae, or, Essays on subjects connected with Grecian and Roman architecture / by William Wilkins, A.M., R.A., F.R.S. formerly a Senior Fellow of Caius College, in the University of Cambridge, Regius Professor of Architecture in the Royal Academy.
- Additional Title(s):
Essays on subjects connected with Grecian and Roman architecture
- London : John Weale, Architectural Library, 59, High Holborn, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 228 p., , XVI, II leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA261 .W55 1837+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by John Roffe, Emile Edmond Ollivier, Joseph Wilson Lowry, and Samuel Porter; after William Wilkens, T.L. Donaldson, and John P. Gandy.
Printed by A.J. Valph, Red Lion Court, Fleet Street.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 3655
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in brown paper-covered boards with paper label with title on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Ancient.Architecture, Greek.Architecture, Roman.
YCBA Collections Search
Wilkins, William, 1778-1839, Prolusiones architectonicae, or, Essays on subjects connected with Grecian and Roman architecture , 1837
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.