Lear, Edward, 1812-1888, Letters of Edward Lear, author of "The book of nonsense" , [approximately 1908?]
- Letters of Edward Lear, author of "The book of nonsense" : to Chichester Fortescue, Lord Carlingford, and Frances, Countess Waldegrave / edited by Lady Strachey of Sutton Court ; illustrated.
- [Second edition]
- New York : Duffield & Company, [approximately 1908?]
Woking ; and London : Unwin Brothers, Ltd., The Gresham Press,
- Physical Description:
- xl, 327 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC242.L4 A3 1908Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Shirley 6996: Armorial bookplate of John Woodward. Autograph of John Woodward.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original greenhalf buckram and green cloth. Signed in manuscript: Weld Allen Robbins, Xmas 1908, from Robert. Stamp in black ink: Michael D. Coe.
- Subject Terms:
- Carlingford, Chichester Samuel Parkinson-Fortescue, Baron, 1823-1898 -- Correspondence.Coe, Michael D. -- Stamp.Lear, Edward, 1812-1888 -- Correspondence.Waldegrave, Frances Elizabeth Anne, Countess, 1821-1879 -- Correspondence.Woodward, John -- Autograph.Woodward, John -- Bookplate.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Photomechanical prints -- 1908.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.