From Cuillin to Kintyre / Norman Ackroyd.
- Yorkshire ; Printed by Neill Woodall and Jason Hicklin, 2006.
London : Printed by Neill Woodall and Jason Hicklin, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves : ill., map ; 26 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 91Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Ten etchings celebrating a journey from Cuillin to Kintyre.
With an excerpt from James Boswell's Journal of a tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson, LL.D.
Includes an etched map of the Inner and Outer Hebrides.
"Published in editions of 90 with 2 exhibition proofs, 2 printers' proofs and 3 artists' proofs. Numbers 1-45 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... Printed by Neill Woodall in Yorkshire and Jason Hicklin in London, from copper plates etched by the artist ... Typograpy and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 7 of 90; etchings are titled, numbered, signed, and dated by the artist. In original black clamshell box.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cuillin (Scotland) -- In art.Hebrides (Scotland) -- In art.Hicklin, Jason -- Printer.Kintyre (Scotland) -- In art.Skye, Island of (Scotland) -- In art.Western Isles (Scotland) -- In art.
- Livres d'artistes.
Aquatints -- 2006.
- Skye from Rhum
- Bay of Laig, Eigg
- Eigg from Muck
- The Sound of Mull
- Castle Duart
- Dutchman's Cap, Treshnish
- The Sound of Jura.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.