Benson, Richard, 1943-, The printed picture , c2008
The printed picture / Richard Benson.
- New York : Museum of Modern Art : c2008.
- Physical Description:
- 338 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ257 .B46 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Reference LibraryZ257 .B46 2008 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Z257 .B46 2008 (LC): "Second printing 2009"--T.p. verso.
"To accompany the publication of this book, an exhibition, also titled The printed picture, is presented in The Edward Steichen Photography Galleries of The Museum of Modern Art, October 2008 through spring 2009"--T.p. verso.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Reproduction -- History -- Exhibitions.Photography -- Printing processes -- History -- Exhibitions.Pictures -- Copying -- History -- Exhibitions.Pictures -- Printing -- History -- Exhibitions.Printing -- History -- Exhibitions.Printing -- Technological innovations -- Exhibitions.
- Relief printing : woodcut, metal type, and wood engraving
- Intaglio and planographic printing : engraving, etching, mezzotint, and lithography
- Color printing : hand coloring and multiple-impression color
- Bits and pieces : modern art prints, oddities, and photographic precursors
- Early photography in silver : daguerreotypes, early silver paper processes and tintypes
- Non-silver processes : carbon, blueprint, platinum, and a couple of others
- Modern photography : developing-out gelatin silver printing
- Color notes : primary colors and neutrality
- Color photography : separation-based processes and chromogenic prints
- Photography in ink : relief and intaglio printing : the letterpress halftone and gravure printing
- Photography in ink : planographic printing : collotype and photo offiet lithography
- Digital processes : binary issues, inkjet, dye sublimation, and digital C-prints
- Where do we go from here? : some questions about the future.