Glover, Stephen, d. 1869, The Peak guide , 1830
- The Peak guide : containing the topographical, statistical, and general history of Buxton, Chatsworth, Edensor, Castlteon [!] Bakewell, Haddon, Matlock, and Cromford : with an introduction, giving a succinct account of the trade and manufactures of the county : an alphabetical list of noblemen and gentlemen's seats, and several road sketches ... / by Stephen Glover ; edited by Thomas Noble.
- Derby [England] : Printed for the publisher by H. Mozley and son, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xx, , xxxiii-xl, 130 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 D43 G55Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 D43 G55Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end.
Illustrations by Josiah Neele, R. Sears, O. Jewitt, Henry Moore, and George Glover.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. In copy 1, there are two states of the first two pages of the introduction, numbered p. [iii]-iv, and p. [v]-vi. P. xxxiii-xl wanting. Copy 2 bound in green publisher's binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Lithography -- Specimens -- 1830.Mozeley, H. and son -- Printer.Peak District (England) -- Guidebooks.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.