Siege of Sebastopol.
- London : Printed by George Edward Eyre and William Spottiswoode, 1859.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 29 cm. + 1 atlas ( folded leaves of plates : maps, plans ; 30 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK215.7.G7 S54 1859+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Tinted lithographs by J. Ferguson; after Howard Crawford Elphinstone.
Series title for volumes 1-2 appears as an added lithographed title page.
Pt. 3 was compiled under the direction of Sir Richard Dacres.
SML,Y Bi45 010a: Atlas.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: lacks part 3. Bound in publisher's blind-stamped red cloth. Bookplate: Radclyffe College. Paper label on case containing atlas: Note.--This volume is incomplete, no perfect copies are available for issue. H.M. Stationery Office.
- Subject Terms:
- Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Campaigns & battles -- Ukraine -- Sevastopolʹ.Crimean war, 1853-1856 -- Campaigns.Eyre, G.E. -- Printer.Great Britain -- History, Military -- 19th century.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century.Great Britain. Army. Royal Engineers -- History.Great Britain. Army. Royal Engineers.Great Britain. Army. Royal Regiment of Artillery.Great Britain. Royal Navy. Royal Naval Brigade.Sevastopolʹ (Ukraine) -- History -- Siege, 1854-1855.Spottiswoode, W. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- 1859.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1859.
- Part I. Journal of the operations conducted by the Corps of Royal Engineers, published by order of the Secretary of State for War. From the invasion of the Crimea to the close of the winter campaign, 1854-55 / by H.C. Elphinstone
- Part II. Journal of the operations conducted by the Corps of Royal Engineers, published by order of the Secretary of State for War. From Feb. 1855 to the fall of Sebastopol, September 1855 / by Major General Harry D. Jones
- Part III. An account of the artillery operations conducted by the Royal Naval Brigade before Sebastopol in 1854 and 1855 / compiled by W.E.M. Reilly.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.