Pendlebury, John R., 1963-, Conservation in the age of consensus , 2009
Conservation in the age of consensus / John Pendlebury.
- London ; Routledge, 2009.
New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 249 p. : ill., maps, plans ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA655 .P46 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 225-241) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Consensus (Social sciences) -- Great Britain.Cultural property -- Protection -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Cultural policy.Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Great Britain.Historic preservation -- Great Britain -- Planning.Historic preservation -- Social aspects -- Great Britain.Historic sites -- Conservation and restoration -- Great Britain.
- Conservation, culture and planning
- Modern conservation
- Policies and plans : the development of state intervention
- The 1970s : shifting ground
- Conservation, conservatives and consensus
- The commodification of heritage
- Conservation and the community
- World heritage
- Postmodern conservation
- Conservation reformed
- Conservation and the challenge of consensus.