The Instructive picture book, or, Progressive lessons from the natural history of animals and plants / edited by Adam White ; and Robert M. Stark ; vol. I, lessons from the animal world--fourfooted animals, birds, fishes, reptiles, with 10 elementary plates of miscellaneous objects.
- Additional Title(s):
Instructive picture book
Progressive lessons from the natural history of animals and plants
- Edinburgh : Edmonston and Douglas, 87 Princes Street ; 1857.
London : Hamilton, Adams, & Co., Paternoster Row, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 18 p., xxx double leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH46 .I57 1857+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Continued by The instructive picture book, or, Lessons from the vegetable world by Charlotte Mary Yonge, even though this latter work does not specify that it is vol. II on the t.p. See Osborne Coll., II,843.
Plates on double leaves, numbered I-XXX.
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, I, 215
Gumuchian & cie. Livres de l'enfance du XVe au XIXe siècle, 5829
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, 256:538
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed boards. In case with: Instructive picture book, or, Lessons from the vegetable world. Edinburgh, 1858.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals -- Juvenile literature.Animals -- Pictorial works.Edinburgh -- Imprints -- Specimens.Edmonston & Douglas -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Hamilton, Adams, & Co. -- Publisher.Natural history -- Pictorial works.
- Juvenile literature -- 1857.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
The Instructive picture book, or, Progressive lessons from the natural history of animals and plants , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.