Address to the public, respecting the establishment of a lunatic asylum at Edinburgh, 1807
- Address to the public, respecting the establishment of a lunatic asylum at Edinburgh.
- Edinburgh : Printed by James Ballantyne and Co., 1807.
- Physical Description:
- , 10, 9, , 15,  p. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsRC450.S2 R81 1809+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Copy of His Majesty's warrant erecting the contributors to the Edinburgh Lunatic Asylum into a corporate body"--9 p.
"Some account of the plan for establishing a lunatic asylum at Edinburgh"--15 p.
BAC: In original brown paper-covered boards, as issued. Ms inscription on front cover: For the Duke of Buccleugh. Bound with: Observations on the structure of hospitals for the treatment of lunatics, and on the general principals on which the cure of insanity may be most successfully conducted / [Robert Reid]. Edinburgh : James Ballantyne and Co., 1809. Building fund solicitation pamphlet:  p. Laid in.
- Subject Terms:
- Buccleugh, Duke of -- ProvenanceJames Ballantyne and Co. -- PrinterMental illness -- Treatment -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Psychiatric hospitals -- Scotland.Royal Edinburgh Hospital.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.