The Middle English text of The Art of Hunting / by William Twiti ; edited from an uncatalogued manuscript in a private collection, Ashton-under-Lyne ; with a parallel text of The Anglo-Norman L'Art de venerie by William Twiti edited from Cambridge, Gonville and Caius College, MS 424/448 by David Scott-MacNab.
- Additional Title(s):
Art de venerie. English (Middle English) & (Anglo-Norman)
- Heidelberg : Winter, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- lxxxvii, 125 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK25 .T85 1450aAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes a study of the manuscript copy of The craft of venery now in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art (Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts, SK25 .T85 1450).
Includes bibliographical references (p. -125).
- Subject Terms:
- Hunting -- Early works to 1800.Hunting -- England.Twiti, William, d. 1328 -- Criticism and interpretation.Twiti, William, d. 1328 -- Criticism, Textual.
YCBA Collections Search
Twiti, William, d. 1328, The Middle English text of The Art of Hunting , c2009
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.