An abstract of the most material things belonging to the cathedral of St. Peter, Glocester [sic].
- Additional Title(s):
An abstract of the most material things belonging to the cathedral of St. Peter, Gloucester
- Glocester : Printed by John Pytt, [ca. 1790?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA425 .B56 1769Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A brief description of the cathedral's history, dimensions, abbots, and monuments, with a woodcut vignette.
With the same title as ESTC T18988, which lacks the Pytt imprint. The present version also varies in content, including a different woodcut vignette.
Hyett, F.E. Bibliographer's manual of Gloucestershire literature, v. 1, p. 268
BAC: British Art Center copy is cut into 6 sections and mounted on the inside of the upper board and on the first two free end-papers of: Boscobel, or, The compleat history of His Sacred Majesty's most miraculous preservation after the battle of Worcester. Worcester, . Signed in ms: Asbridge 10 Sept 1784.
- Subject Terms:
- Gloucester (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Gloucester Cathedral -- Early works to 1800.Pytt, John -- Printer.
Woodcuts -- 1790.
YCBA Collections Search
An abstract of the most material things belonging to the cathedral of St. Peter, Glocester [sic], [ca. 1790?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.