Observations on several parts of Great Britain, particularly the High-lands of Scotland, relative chiefly to picturesque beauty, made in the year 1776 ... By William Gilpin ...
- The 3d ed. ...
- London, Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. 40 plates (incl. diagr., 5 plans) 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 G45 1808 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA855 G45 1808 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the autograph of J. Sanderson, and the bookplate of James Frothingham Hunnewell. Copy 2 is the Abbey copy.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery 487
BAC : Includes advertisements.
BAC : Printed by Strahan and Preston.
BAC : Aquatints by Mr. Alken, from drawings by the author. One plate (of a cow's head) by Sawrey Gilpin.--Cf. Barbier, C.P. William Gilpin. Oxford, 1963, p. 77.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Highlands (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Scotland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Scotland -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Gilpin, William, 1724-1804, Observations on several parts of Great Britain, particularly the High-lands of Scotland,, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.