Natural dialogues [videorecording] : art, science, & material culture :Graduate student symposium, Yale Center for British Art, February 21, 2009.
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 5 videodisc (DVD) (332 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Reference LibraryDVD 95Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer Files
Recording of a one day graduate symposium focusing on the intersections where art and science meet iin commemoration of the bicentenary of Charles Dawrwin's birth and the 150th anniversary of the publication of On the origin of species by means of natural selection. The program features talks by graduate students from a variety of disciplines and ends with a keynote lecture, Visible empire: Natural history and visual culture in the eighteenth-century Spaish world, by Daniela Bleichmar.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and science.Natural history -- Social aspects.
- Panel 1. Edward Pickering and Lauren Klein.--Panel 2: Andrea Wolk Rager, Jeremy Melius, Mirjam Brusius, Laurence Shafe.--Panel 3. Jo Briggs, Nathan Flis, Seung-hoon Jeong.