Taking shape : finding sculpture in the decorative arts : an exhibition co-organised by the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds and the J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, California / curated by Martina Droth ; with essays by Martina Droth ... [et al. ; edited by Martina Droth and Penelope Curtis].
- Leeds : Henry Moore Institute ; 2009.
Los Angeles : Getty Publications, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 209 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryNK1110 .T35 2009 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "Published to accompany the exhibition Taking Shape: Finding sculpture in the decorative arts, an exhibition co-organised by the Henry Moore Institute and the J. Paul Getty Museum ... 2 October 2008 - 4 January 2009, Henry Moore Institute, Leeds; 31 March - 5 July 2009, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles"--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 197-205).
- Subject Terms:
- Decoration and ornament, Architectural, in interior decoration -- Exhibitions.Decorative arts -- Exhibitions.Furniture -- Exhibitions.Sculpture -- Exhibitions.
- Introduction to the exhibition / Martina Droth
- Truth and artifice: transforming the real with sculptural form / Martina Droth
- Catalogue of exhibits / Charissa Bremer-David, Martina Droth, Ian Fraser, Catherine Hess, James Lomax, Carlo Milano, Katie Scott, Marjorie Trusted, Jeffrey Weaver, Anthony Wells-Cole
- 1: Putting things together: pairs, sets, arrangement
- 2: Seeing things apart: the sculptural impact of furniture
- 3: Three dimensions in two: graphic fantasy and realisation
- 4: Temporary decorations: lasting traces
- Installation views
- Essays: Seeing metamorphosis in sculpture and the decorative arts / Mary D. Sheriff
- Figure and ornament: notes on the late Baroque art industry / Katie Scott
- The decorated flame: firedogs and the tensions of the hearth / Mimi Hellman
- Integral and participatory: sculpture in support of the decorative arts / Charissa Bremer-David.