Designs for vases and foliage, composed from the antique / by Robert Adam ... ; engraved by Pastorini.
- London : Sold by Priestley and Weale ..., 1821.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK4620 A32 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations engraved by Benedetto Pastorini.
"The theme of architects as book designers is not one which has received much attention, but ... Robert Adam was active in this field ..." (see Colvin, p. 48).
Colvin, H. Biographical dictionary of British architects, p. 48.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Decoration and ornament.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821.Homer. Iliad -- Illustrations.Neoclassicism (Architecture) -- Great Britain.Priestley & Weale -- Publisher.Vases.
YCBA Collections Search
Adam, Robert, 1728-1792, Designs for vases and foliage, composed from the antique , 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.