The young builder's rudiments, or, The principles of geometry, mechanicks, mensuration and perspective, geometrically demonstrated : together with the five orders of columns in architecture, according to the proportions of the celebrated Palladio : calculated for the use of workmen, gentlemen and others, who delight in designing, drawing, painting, engraving, and gardening, &c. / by B. Langley ; adorn'd with about thirty large copper plates, curiously engrav'd by J. Vandergucht and B. Cole.
- London : Printed for J. Millan, 1730.
- Physical Description:
- , 130,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 25 cm. (4o.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 L36 1730Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Booksellers' advertisement on p. [7-8] at front.
Illustrations by John Vandergucht and Benjamin Cole after Batty Langley.
Statements of responsibility transposed.
Head-piece and initials.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Architecture -- Orders.Johnstone, James -- Autograph.Millan, J. -- Publisher.
- Woodcuts -- 1730.
Etchings -- 1730.
YCBA Collections Search
Langley, Batty, 1696-1751, The young builder's rudiments, or, The principles of geometry, mechanicks, mensuration and perspective, geometrically demonstrated , 1730
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.