IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pugilist, A, The modern English boxer, or, Scientific art and practice of attack and self defence , 1847?]
The modern English boxer, or, Scientific art and practice of attack and self defence : explained in an easy manner that any person may comprehend this useful art without the aid of a master with descriptions of correct pugilistic attitudes as practised by the most celebrated boxers of the present day / by A. Pugilist.
- [London?] : [s.n., 1847?].
- Physical Description:
- 20,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1123 P83 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 272
Original printed wrappers bound in with advertisements on both front and back covers for books printed and published by H. Smith. Advertisement on front cover dated 1847.
Probably printed and published by H. Smith, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Boxing -- Great Britain.Lithography -- Specimens -- [1847?].Smith, H. -- Printer.
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.