Cantabrigia depicta : a concise and accurate description of the university and town of Cambridge, and its environs : a particular history of the several colleges and buildings, their founders and benefactors ...
- Cambridge : Printed for W. Thurlbourn & J. Woodyer, and T. & J. Merrill, in Cambridge, and sold by J. Beeckoft, and B. Dod, booksellers in London, .
- Physical Description:
- , 117,  p.,  leaves of plates (one folded) : ill., 1 plan ; 18 cm. (12mo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF114 C36 1763 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF114 C36 1763 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Peter Spendelowe Lamborn after John Theodore Heins.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 has the bookplate of Robert Herring. Copy 2 is bound together with: Excerpta è Statutis. Cantabrigiæ: J. Archdeacon, 1770 -- A general table of all cautions, fees, and perquisites / H. Newcome. Cambridge: J. Archdeacon, 1761. This copy also includes a map of Cambridge not present in copy 1. It has the autograph of Samuel Turner and the bookplate of G.F. Hill.
Plan dated 1763.
Colophon on p.  at end: Cambridge, Printed to the University, 1763.
Signatures: [pi]1 A-K⁶
- Subject Terms:
- Beeckoft, J. -- Publisher.Cambridge (England) -- Description and travel.Dod, B. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- .Herring, Robert -- Bookplate.Hill, G. F. -- Bookplate.Merrill, T. & J. -- Publisher.Thurlbourn, W. -- Publisher.Turner, Samuel -- Autograph.University of Cambridge -- Description and travel.Woodyer, J. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.