Views of nature : or contemplations on the sublime phenomena of creation; with scientific illustrations / by Alexander von Humboldt; translated from the German by E. C. Otté and Henry G. Bohn .
- Additional Title(s):
Ansichten der Natur. English.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 452, 7,  p. incl. col. front. : facsim. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQ171 H862Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes index and publisher's catalog.
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 52
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Advertisements: 40 p. at end, and on end papers.
BAC : "Printed by Harrison and Son."
BAC : Printed note at bottom of frontispiece: "Baxter's patent oil color printing."
Yale Medical Historical library book, in an archival box, transferred from Geology Library, 2013.
- Subject Terms:
- Physical geography.Plant morphology.Science.South America -- Description and travel.
- Steppes and deserts.--Cataracts of the Orinoco.--Nocturnal life of animals in the primeval forests.--Ideas for a physiognomy of plants.--On the structure and mode of action of volcanos in different parts of the earth.--Vital force, or The Rhodian genius.--The plateau of Caxamarca, the ancient capital of the Inca Atahuallpa, and first view of the Pacific from the ridge of the Andes.