The bardic museum : of primitive British literature, and other admirable rarities : forming the second volume of the Musical, poetical, and historical relicks of the Welsh bards and druids ... : containing, the bardic triads, historic odes, eulogies, songs, elegies, memorials of the tombs of the warriors, of King Arthur and his knights, regalias, the wonders of Wales, et caetera : with English translations and historic illustrations : likewise, the ancient war-tunes of the bards ... to these national melodies are added new basses, with variations ... / by Edward Jones ...
- London : Printed by A. Strahan, for the Author, 1802.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 112 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1742.A2 J772 1802+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Music (printed)
- "Jones had prepared a third volume, a portion only of which was published at his death, the remainder being issued subsequently."-- Cf. New Grove.
Frontispiece engraving by Thomas Rowlandson; after Julius Ibbetson and John Raphael Smith.
New Grove v. iv, p. 658
MUSRA: Bound with the author's Musical, and poetical relicks, 3d ed. London, 1811.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter roan and marbled boards. Inscribed: Charlotte Leeds.
- Subject Terms:
- Bards and bardism.Leeds, Charlotte -- Autograph .Music -- Wales.Strahan, A. -- Printer.Welsh poetry.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1802.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.