The book of archery : being the complete history and practice of the art, ancient and modern ; interspersed with numerous interesting anecdotes, and an account of the existing toxophilite societies / By George Agar Hansard ...
- London : Henry G. Bohn, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- , xxi, , 456 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1185 H24 1841Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by Lumb Stocks, Robert Staines, Augustus Fox, E.J. Portbury, Francis Engleheart, S. Bull, J. Hollis and J. Smith; after Francis Philip Stephanoff.
Printed by A. Spottiswoode, London.
Added engraved t.p. with vignette and imprint date 1845.
MUDD NLn85 840hb: Added t.-p., engr., with imprint date: 1845.
MUDD NLn85 840h: Plates have imprint: Longman & Co., 1840.
- Subject Terms:
- Archery.Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Booth, John Niecrome -- Autograph.Ryall, Ronald -- Bookplate.Spottiswoode, A. -- Printer.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1841.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.