Barrington, Archibald, Description of the figures in the Pocket chart of British architecture , 1844 +
- Description of the figures in the Pocket chart of British architecture : with a table showing the duration of each style, and introductory observations on the characteristic features by which the dates of our cathedrals and other churches may be easily known / by Archibald Barrington, M.D.
- London : George Bell, Fleet Street, 1844 +
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5461 .B37 1844Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Linen-backed folded pocket chart, mounted on linen on p.  of cover, has caption title: Pocket chart of British Architecture, chronologically arranged by Archibald Barrington, M.D. Divided into 9 sections with 75 wood-engraved elements. Engraved by John Richard Jobbins. Borders and some titles printed in red.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original blind and gilt-stamped cloth. With the bookplates of Eric Quayle, Zennor Cornwall.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- History.Bell, George -- Publisher.Church architecture -- Great Britain -- Details.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Great Britain.Quayle, Eric -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.