Jolivette, Catherine, 1972-, Landscape, art and identity in 1950s Britain , c2009
Landscape, art and identity in 1950s Britain / Catherine Jolivette.
- Farnham, England ; Ashgate, c2009.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 178 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX650.L34 J65 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -171) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Arts, British -- 20th century.Festival of Britain (1951)Landscape in art.National characteristics, British, in art.
- Nostalgia for the past, anxiety towards the future : landscape and national identity at the South Bank exhibition
- The gendered landscape
- The Britishness of British art
- Growth and form : the new landscapes
- The end of landscape art?