Jolivette, Catherine, 1972-, Landscape, art and identity in 1950s Britain , c2009
Landscape, art and identity in 1950s Britain / Catherine Jolivette.
- Farnham, England ; Ashgate, c2009.
Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 178 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX650.L34 J65 2009 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -171) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts and society -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.Arts, British -- 20th century.Festival of Britain (1951)Landscape in art.National characteristics, British, in art.
- Nostalgia for the past, anxiety towards the future : landscape and national identity at the South Bank exhibition
- The gendered landscape
- The Britishness of British art
- Growth and form : the new landscapes
- The end of landscape art?