A compleat sett of mapps of England and Wales in general, and of each county in particular : accurately projected in a new method and all of them original drawings, most humbly inscribed to His Majesty King George by Francis Negus, Comisioner for Executing the Office of Master of the Horse to His Majesty : drawn and finsh'd by Tho. Badeslade.
- Additional Title(s):
Chorographia Britanniae. Manuscripts
- Great Britain, 1724.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas ( leaves) : maps ; 17 x 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1808 .B32 1724Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Maps & Atlases (manuscript)
- Bound in contemporary red morocco, with elaborate gold tooling, in imitation of the French fanfare style. Binding by same unknown hand as another ms., of 1715, presented to George I at Windsor.
- Subject Terms:
- Atlases, British -- Early works to 1800.England -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.George I, King of Great Britain, 1660-1727 -- Provenance.George I, King of Great Britain, 1660-1727.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Road maps -- Early works to 1800.Roads -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Wales -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Fanfare bindings (Binding)
Paul Mellon's Legacy : A Passion for British Art (Yale Center for British Art, 2007-04-18 - 2007-07-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Wilde Americk - Discovery and Exploration of the New World, 1500-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-09-27 - 2001-09-27) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Mapmaker's Art: 300 Years of British Cartography (Yale Center for British Art, January 17, 1989-March 12, 1989) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]