Field flowers : a handy-book for the rambling botanist, suggesting what to look for and where to go in the out-door study of British plants / by Shirley Hibberd, author of 'The Fern Garden,' 'Rustic adornments,' etc. etc. ; illustrated with eight coloured plates and ninety wood engravings.
- London : Groombridge and Sons, MDCCCLXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 156 p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK86.G7 H53 1876Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Chromoxylographs by Benjamin Fawcett.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original pictorial green cloth, with gilt edges. Lacks front endpaper.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Groombridge and Sons -- Publisher.Wild flowers -- Great Britain.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1876.
Wood engravings -- 1876.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.