The amateur gardener's calendar : being a monthly guide as to what should be avoided, as well as what should be done, in a garden each month : with plain rules how to do what is requisite : directions for laying out and planting kitchen and flower gardens, pleasure grounds, and shrubberies : and a short account, in each month, of the quadrupeds, birds, and insects then most injurious to gardens / by Mrs. Loudon, author of "The Lady's country companion," "The Ladies' flower garden of ornamental greenhouse plants," "The Ladies companion to the flower garden," etc. ; with numerous illustrations.
- London : Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, Paternoster-Row, 1847.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 372 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB451.36.G7 L68 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Spottiswoode and Shaw, New-Street Square, London.
With small wood-engraved illustrations throughout.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark green half calf and marbled boards, with gilt toooled spine and red morocco title label. Bookplate: Dr. Wickham of Penrith with his signature at head of t.p. Inscribed on dedication page: Thos. Jackson M.D. Harel Bank.
- Subject Terms:
- Floriculture -- Great Britain.Gardening -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horticulture -- Great Britain.Jackson, Thos. -- Autograph.Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans -- Publisher.Spottiswoode and Shaw -- Printer.Wickham, Dr. -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1848.
YCBA Collections Search
Loudon, Mrs. (Jane), 1807-1858, The amateur gardener's calendar , 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.