Lankester, Phebe, 1825-1900, British ferns , 1884
- British ferns : their classification, structure, and functions : together with the best methods for their cultivation / by Mrs. Lankester. ; author of "Wild flowers worth notice.".
- New and enlarged edition, with coloured figures of all the species.
- London : W.H. Allen & Co., 13 Waterloo Place, 1884.
- Physical Description:
- , 127,  p., 16 leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK523 .L36 1884Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Chromolithographs signed: A. Rich [i.e. Alfred W. Rich?].
Printed by William Clowes and Sons, Limited, Stamford Street and Charing Cross.
Each plate accompanied by separate leaf of descriptive letter-press (not included in pagination).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green pictorial cloth. Ink stamp of the Stenton Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Great Britain.Chromolithographs -- Specimens -- 1884.Ferns -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Stenton Library -- Stamp.W.H. Allen & Co. -- Publisher.William Clowes and Sons, LImited -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.