Jackson, Maria Elizabeth, Botanical dialogues , 1797
- Botanical dialogues : between Hortensia and her four children, Charles, Harriet, Juliette and Henry. Designed for the use of schools, / by a lady.
- London : Printed for J. Johnson, in St. Paul's Church-yard, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- , xlv, , 335,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK49 .J33 1797Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Attributed to Maria Elizabeth Jackson by Osborne.
Revised edition issued in 1804 under title: Botanical lectures.
Most plates are preceded by an explanatory leaf.
With a half-title and a final leaf of directions to the binder.
Last page blank.
Osborne Coll., p. 827
Henrey, B. Brit. botanical lit. 918
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tree calf, rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Juvenile literature -- Early works to 1800.Botany -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1797.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.Johnson, J. -- Publisher.
- Juvenile literature -- 1797.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.