Botanical dialogues : between Hortensia and her four children, Charles, Harriet, Juliette and Henry. Designed for the use of schools, / by a lady.
- London : Printed for J. Johnson, in St. Paul's Church-yard, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- , xlv, , 335,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Attributed to Maria Elizabeth Jackson by Osborne.
Revised edition issued in 1804 under title: Botanical lectures.
Most plates are preceded by an explanatory leaf.
With a half-title and a final leaf of directions to the binder.
Last page blank.
English short title catalogue, T79539
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, p. 827
Henrey, B. British botanical and horticultural literature before 1800, 918
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tree calf, rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Botany -- Juvenile literature -- Early works to 1800.Botany -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1797.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.
- Juvenile literature
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.