Views of the Abbey of Glastonbury : an illustration of particulars of sale / drawn and lithographed by E.T. Dolby.
- Wells : Published by S. Backhouse, 
- Physical Description:
- 30,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.G4 D65 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes nine plates, of which seven are identical to the plates in Views of the Abbey of Glastonbury (Abbey, J.R. Scenery 141).
Lithographs printed by M. & N. Hanhart.
Printed by W.J. Golbourn, 6, Princes Street, Leicester Square, London.
Date of publication from NSTC.
"Somersetshire. Particulars and conditions of sale of valuable freehold estates, ... in the town of Glastonbury & immediate neighbourhood comprising the much admired and distinguished redsidence, called 'The Abbey House,' ... magnificent & romantic ruins of 'Glastonbury Abbey' ... : which will be sold by auction, by Mr Frederick Chinnock ... on Wednesday, August the 14th, 1850"--P. -.
"Glastonbury, Somersetshire. Valuable estates, freehold, tithe-free, and land-tasx redeemed"--P. 21-30
With a folded plan at end: "Plan of the Town of Glastonbury, shewing the position of the Abbey House Estate and site of the ruins."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later red half cloth and white boards. Original front wrapper bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Auctions -- England -- Glastonbury -- Catalogs.Backhouse, S. -- PublisherGlastonbury (England) -- Maps.Glastonbury (England) -- Pictorial works.Glastonbury Abbey -- Pictorial works.Golbourn, W.J. -- PrinterM. & J. Hanhart -- PrinterReal property -- England -- Glastonbury -- Catalogs.
- Lithotints -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.