Harley, George, 1791-1871, First principles of landscape drawing , [1836?]
First principles of landscape drawing / by Geo. Harley.
- Additional Title(s):
G. Harley's coloured part
- [London] : Published by R. Ackermann, 191, Regent-Street, [1836?]
- Physical Description:
-  p., , plates 37-48 plates : chiefly ill. ; 19 cm. x 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC790 .H373 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: G. Harley's coloured part.
Plates are undated. Contains two watermarks dated 1831 and 1836.
Title page is a hand-colored aquatint.
Publisher's advertisement, inside front cover.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 139
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's green cloth binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Landscape drawing, English.Landscape painting, English.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1836.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.