The Lake District of Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire / [cartographic material] / by W. Hughes.
- Additional Title(s):
Black's travelling map of the Lake District
- Edinburgh : A. & C. Black ; [1860?]
London : Smith & Son, [1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 50 x 40 cm. folded in cover 14 x 8 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5752.L2 H84 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:225,000]. 69.14 miles to a degree.
- Cover title: Black's travelling map of the Lake District. Price 2s. 6d.
Signed: Drawn & engraved by W. Hughes, 6 Brook Street, Holborn, London.
Relief shown by contours, shading, and spot heights.
Publisher's advertisements for "Black's travelling maps" pasted to one panel (14 x 8 cm) on reverse of map.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's cloth covers, with linen ties; linen backing. Bookseller's label: T.W. Arthur, bookseller, Carlisle.
- Subject Terms:
- Arthur, T. W. -- Bookseller.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1860.Lake District (England) -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Hughes, William, 1817-1876, The Lake District of Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire , [1860?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.