Daniell, William, 1769-1837, A familiar treatise on perspective , 1807
- A familiar treatise on perspective : designed for ladies, and those who are unacquainted with the principles of optics and geometry : whereby, in a few days, sufficient of this useful science may be learned, to enable any person, accumstomed to the use of the pencil, to draw landscapes, and the simpler objects of art : with perspective accuracy / by W. Daniel.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Daniel's Perspective
- London : Printed and sold by Darton and Harvey, No. 55, Gracechurch-Street, 1807.
- Physical Description:
- 43,  p., 14 leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .D36 1807Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Daniel's Perspective. Price 5s.
This may have been written by Priscilla Wakefield, or her son Daniel, as there is evidence within Darton's copyright ledgers, and the work is also noted in an advertisement for other books written by her. Cf. Darton.
Last page blank.
Eng. cat. of books, Prel. vol., p. 152
Darton, L. Dartons, G216 (2)
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in brown paper covered boards, with publisher's printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Darton and Harvey -- Printer.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1807.Painting -- Technique.Perspective -- Technique.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.